Monday, October 24, 2011

micro project 3

I chose the small plaza in front of the Wexner center that has periodically placed trees in the plaza. I chose it because the wexner center is known for art exhibition and I feel like it is a place to go to if you’re trying to come up with ideas for something, or a piece of art. What I did was I painted a recreation of Michelangelo’s "Creation Of Adam" on the plaza, but I edited over Adams face and put Brutus’s head over his head. I tried to make it look like it was a street art. The plaza and was too big to get a good angle to clearly see the picture. I edited it with Brutus to show how I represent my school and kind of to represent how Adam was supposed to be the perfect person and for the sake of my message he still is. What I was trying to do was have a hidden message that, we are the best and we are the first. I also tried to send the message with the piece that I like the work of Michelangelo and how he made the messages in his artwork very prudent but it is still hidden in its own special way. The reason I made it a painting was because I have always enjoyed graffiti and the fact that you can display your personal work and opinion. I also enjoy that it is almost an immortal piece of your work that is placed in the public domain. I also enjoy the feeling of fear and rush generally associated with graffiti. The thought of letting everyone see your work and your thought on a certain object or issue for the public to share their opinion and worrying how long it will still be there before someone paints over it or decides to add their own tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment