Monday, November 14, 2011

In a galaxy far far away

My thought process towards a lot of ideas is a process of sacrifice, friendship, hard decisions, many waisted hours in bed, a lot of spring boarding, and many cans of soda. A lot of my work is impulsively made or is just influenced by an emotional point in something. Sometimes ill get an idea from just having a conversation with my friends. More than often I see something online and want to create the same thing just to go through the process or I want to create my own version of what ever it was that I saw online. I decide what I want to make my piece of art on. It is usually a regular piece of paper. When i want to create something but cant think of what actually to make I text my friend saying "what's the most random thing you can think of?" He usually gets back to me within about 5 minutes. Or I do random think tank kind of thing on Facebook, I usually just put as my status "what is the most random thing you can think of?" If I don't like any of the ideas that my friend or friends (yes I do have "friends") gave me I usually unconsciously spring board off of their ideas and create my own. If I really like their idea I usually talk to them about it and make it but give them credit. So my big idea of randomness is brought up on my own, with wanting to create something. I believe that the best ideas are the ones that are pulled out of thin air. Another lit sub part of it will be the fact that it must be street art. I love the idea of street art cause everyone in a way HAS to look at it. If it's on the ground they have to see it if they're looking where they are walking and if it is on a wall then they'll see it just by looking around. Some of the rules im gonna set for myself are that I can only use ideas given to me from a friend or something I came up with by spring boarding off of one of their ideas. The materials I might use are paints, paper, photoshop, actually almost anything to go along with the randomness of the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment